Aloe Vera has been used therapeutically for centuries.
It is cultivated worldwide, primarily as a crop for Aloe gel, which comes from the leaf. Aloe Vera gel contains 75 potentially active constituents including vitamins A (beta-carotene), C and E, vitamin B12, folic acid, enzymes, minerals and amino acids. Clinical studies conclude that “Aloe Vera extracts from leaf skin and flowers can be considered as good natural antioxidant sources."
Known for its wound healing properties, several medical studies have shown that burn wounds heal quicker and with less discomfort when treated with Aloe Vera gel.
The Oasis Girl has discovered some other great ways to use her amazing Oasis aloe!
- A natural make-up remover. Massage a liberal amount of soothing aloe vera and cucumber gel into the face, gently smooth across the eye area, and rinse off well with warm water.
- As a shaving gel. Apply liberally to clean dry skin before shaving with a blade.
- An eyebrow gel. A tiny amount of aloe vera gel smoothed through the eyebrows will keep your eyebrows in perfect shape and tame any unruly hairs.
- A soothing balm after shaving, waxing or laser treatment. Apply a thin layer immediately after treatment and massage in gently.
- Even as a hair gel. It's an organic, 100% natural hair gel.
- To soothe and calm acne breakouts. Apply a thin layer to clean, dry skin and massage in gently. Use morning and night to calm redness and irritation.
- For instant relief and natural healing for mild burns and grazes
- For instant relief for insect bites and itchy skin
- As an instant facial skin rejuvenator mask. For an instant pick-me-up, apply a generous layer of aloe vera and cucumber gel to the face and leave on for 10 minutes.
- And always for after-sun soothing relief!
And here's another cool idea...Freeze amazing aloe into ice-cube trays and pop out for an instant cold hit for after sun relief, chafing, grazes or minor burns!
Oasis Aloe Vera and Cucumber Skin Healing Gel is 100% natural, alcohol free and is ideal for soothing ultra-sensitive skin irritated skin. Organic cucumber provides essential nutrients for healing and calming skin. The restorative action of cucumber rejuvenates tired looking skin instantly.
Highly absorbable and never sticky, Oasis Aloe Vera and Cucumber Skin Healing Gel is vegan friendly and cruelty free. NO fragrance. NO parabens. NO silicones. NO artificial colouring. In fact, it's 100% natural.
Have you tried amazing aloe yet? Perhaps you have a way that you use it that we don't know about. Comment below and let us know! Or, if you haven't tried amazing aloe, pick up a mini size next time you shop.
If you liked this article and our illustration, feel free to share them.
References: Hamman, J.H. Composition and Applications of Aloe Vera Leaf Gel. Molecules 2008, 13, 1599-1616.