You know that baking your skin in the sun is a no-no, right? So you put on sunscreen when you head out in the sun.
But, we all still want that golden glow. Well the only safe way to get it is to fake it, so grab a tube of Super Tan and read our top tips to make sure you always look sun-kissed rather than streaky and orange.
- Get any hair removal/laser or waxing done at least 48 hours or so before you apply fake tan. This gives your skin a chance to calm down and ensures a smooth surface to apply Super Tan.
- Shower before you apply so that you’re putting Super Tan onto clean skin.
- Moisturise dry areas. This will vary from person to person, but typically areas like knees and elbows have thicker, tougher skin and a little moisturiser will help avoid any darker staining in these areas.
- Use the applicator mitt to help spread Super Tan evenly over your skin, particularly along legs and arms. If you find it difficult to do your face with the mitt, then simply use hands or latex gloves if you prefer.
- Take extra care on the face area being careful to blend up around the neck, bridge of the nose and hairline.
- After applying to face run the corner of a clean, dry face cloth along the eyebrows to ensure you haven’t left any residue on them and double-check for any small areas that you might have missed.
- If you get Super Tan on your hands make sure you give them a good wash after application. Nothing says fake tan like orange palms.
- After application allow Super Tan to dry for 5 – 10 minutes before getting dressed. Then sit back and wait to look glowingly gorgeous.
Got a top tip for putting on Super Tan? Comment and share with us.