When it’s time to head to bed do we really need a special overnight cream? Can’t we just slap on our usual day time moisturiser?
- Day and night moisturisers are often formulated a little differently. A good day moisturiser will typically contain some sun protection. Whilst night creams often contains ingredients that will treat your skin overnight without any interference from sunscreen or makeup.
- Night time is generally considered a great time to apply a nourishing cream to rehydrate and restore the skin. This is because the skin itself goes into repair and regenerate mode as you sleep and is also warmer so products are absorbed more easily.
- Not all night creams are created equal, and as with most skincare products – you should pick something that will suit your skin. So, if you have dry, dehydrated skin, something like our Oasis night cream, Beauty Sleep, should be your choice. It’s an overnight sensation packed with resveratrol, rosehip oil, apricot kernel oil and delicious frankincense.
- Sometimes a treatment cream will do just as good a job as a specific night cream. For example, if you have rosacea, acne, or eczema, you could try our multi-purpose Rhino Repair as an overnight treatment. The combination of 12 active natural ingredients including organic honey help to repair and restore your skin and reduce inflammation while you sleep.
- Not everyone needs night cream all the time. If you have very oily skin or are experiencing night sweats, you may want to temporarily forego night cream or just use it very sparingly. The skin produces oil overnight and its important not to overuse product.
And finally, remember, one of the best things for your skin is a good night’s sleep!